Dr. S. Geethalakshmi
Vice-Chancellor of TNMGRMU
|Address||“Ceebros Shyamala Garden”
Block-1, 3J, No.136, Arcot Road,
Chennai – 600 092.
|Date of Birth||04.01.1958|
The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University
- M.B.B.S. - Stanley Medical College - 1974 – 1979 – Madras University
- M.D.(Microbiology) - Madras Medical College - 1985– Madras University
- Ph.D., (Basic Science) - on Allergic Broncho Pulmonary Aspergillosis - 2007 The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Assistant Professor of Microbiology - Madras Medical College
- Professor of Microbiology - Madras Medical College
- Professor of Microbiology - Stanley Medical College
- Professor of Microbiology - Kilpauk Medical College
- Dean - Government Thiruvannamalai Medical College
- Dean - Kilpauk Medical College
- Dean - Stanley Medical College
- Director of Medical Education from 31-1-2014 to 28-12-2015
Fellowships / Memberships of Scientific Bodies
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology
- Joint Secretary, Society for Indian Human and Animal Mycology
- Life Member – Indian Association of Medical Microbiologist.
- Life Member – Indian Academy of Clinical Microbiologist
- Member – M.Sc. Basic Clinical Science Board, Pudhucherry University
- Scientific Member, Selection Committee, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Member – Selection Committee – JIPMER, Pudhucherry, India
- Governing Council Member – India CLEN, India
- Member and Treasurer – India CLEN, India
- Member – Board of Study – Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh.
- Member – Board of Study – Microbiology – Pudhucherry University, Pudhucherry.
- Member – Board of Studies – JIPMER, Pudhucherry.
- Member – Board of Studies – Microbiology, University of Madras, Chennai
- Member – Board of Studies – Microbiology, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
- Member – Curriculum Development of Second MBBS – Medical Council of India.
- MCI Assessor for M.B.B.S. and M.D. (Microbiology)
- Chairman – Screening Committee, Anna University, Chennai.
- Chairman – Organ Transplantation, Authorization Committee.
- Member – Medical Recruitment Board (MRB)
- Member – Directorate of Public Library, Chennai
- Organizing Secretary - 9th National Conference of Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology.
- Member – Research Committee – JIPMER, Pudhucherry.
- Member – PG Board and Examination Committee, JIPMER, Pudhucherry.
- Conferred upon Dr. B.C.Roy National Award for the year 2016 in recognition of her outstanding service in the field of Socio Medical Relief
- Awarded “BEST TEACHER AWARD 2011 and 2014” by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University and Tamil Nadu Medical Council .
- Best Administrator Award 2012” by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032 and Lions Club.
- “Best Administrator Award” by Blood Bank Association of India, 2012
- Awarded “Contributional Work” by the Institute of Microbiology, Madras Medical College – 2012.
- Certificate of Merit for the year 2011 for Meritorious Service – Government Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai – 600 010.
- ECMM travel awardees IX National Conference of SIHAM, Siliguri, India,10-12 February 2012 - April 20, 2012 - 15:27 - congress care.
- Got “Best Medical Colleges of South” during the Tenure at Madras Medical College as Vice Principal and as Dean at Stanley Medical College in India Today and Outlook Magazine – 2009 and 2013.
- Honoured by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for effective management of rescue operations of Mugalivakkam building collapse.
- Award of Appreciation for the cooperation and rendering Timely help in 108 services by Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu Branch.
- Life Time Achievement award conferred by The Organizing of the Conference - ARISE 2015 & I.A.M.M. ( Indian Association of Medical Microbiology) at S.R.M. Medical College & Hospital.
Research Paper Publications
- Total number of Research papers published are - 16 (National & International Journals)
- Total no of guest lectures given are - 3